EDITOR: The Editor is an integral part of a team that produces daily news on the web and social media platforms for IranWire. IranWire is a leading independent news site that produces thousands of articles annually across multiple platforms focusing on Iranian domestic politics, foreign policy, regional affairs from the perspective of Iranian citizens.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as topline editor of IranWire content
• Commission articles by IranWire's network of journalists
• ensure adherence to IranWire editorial policy and professional standards
• writes news and feature articles
• coordinate with Publisher on editorial direction and story selection
• Mentor junior journalists
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of five years’ experience as senior journalist and/or editor in professional news outlet
• Excellent writing skills in Persian
• Ability to communicate effectively in English
• Ability to mentor and advance skills of junior reporters
• Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize;
Location: This position is remote but requires close communication with offices in London and DC and adherence to news deadlines set by those offices.
Salary and Benefits: We offer competitive salary and benefits.
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Thursday May 16th.