The Program Officer is an integral part of a team that manages projects to promote freedom of expression, religious freedom and tolerance, human rights, and support independent news and information. The Program Officer supports Persian and English language programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct research into issues facing Iran and its citizens
• Write news stories for web and social media
• Provide English-Persian and Persian-English translation
• Work with project management to prepare reports and monitor program progress
• Monitor news and social media output to inform research, news, and reporting duties
• Provide assistance to web-based projects and management and ensure technical integrity of project platforms
• serve as contact point for platform maintenance and management to ensure timely solutions to issues and special projects
• Other duties as assigned that advance JFC's mission
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in international development, international relations, Middle East Studies, journalism or communications, technology-related fields, or a related field;
• Minimum of five years’ experience contributing to international development programs, preference for experience managing related programs and working for media or civil society organizations
• Proven translation experience with complex subjects in journalism and related fields
• Knowledge of and ability to manage general IT tasks for web and social media platforms
• Demonstrated understanding of Iranian domestic politics;
• Experience implementing donor funded programs preferred;
• Ability to anticipate challenges and problem solve;
• Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, professionalism in written correspondence and report writing, excellent presentation and oral communication skills;
• Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize;
• Speaking, reading and writing proficiency in English and Persian required
Location: This position is remote but requires close communication with offices in London and DC and adherence to news deadlines set by those offices.
Salary and Benefits: We offer competitive salary and benefits.
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Thursday May 16th.